When I thought about starting a blog I must say I was very scared. I was scared of making mistakes. I was scared no one would want to read what I had to say. I was just plain scared. Fortunately all the encouragement and support I got in ETMOOC made a huge difference.
I must admit I did not watch tutorials on youtube when I first started blogging, but I believe they would have been very helpful. Here are a few: Video Tutorials on blogs and twitter .
Here are some basic instructions that might be helpful:
1. Go: Yes go … do it … go to wordpress.com or any other platform you want to use. I went to wordpress and stayed there because it is easy at least for me to navigate.
2. For those of you new to blogging click on the coloured words and that will bring you to a link that usually goes where you can find more info. on that word. I did not know that when I first started blogging.
3. Click on sign up. Yes , I knew you could do it!
4. Enter all the information they require.
5. Go to your email and activate your account.
This is a great start . Remember your blog address (url) cannot be changed, but the blog’s title can be changed anytime.
- Start writing , even if it is only a little at first.
- Press the publish button. I know it can be scary, but you can edit even after you publish. I still do all the time.
- Your #OCLMOOC participants will encourage, support and comment on your blog.
- Encourage others to help you and comment on their blogs.
Enough for today HAPPY blogging !